There was a recent article on the CBC website about Grow Regina .
You can Read it here and also view the short video they produced here.
Important Info and Dates to Share
** Garden assignments and a map are posted on the south shed **
1) Water will be turned on by the City the week before the May long weekend - so the week of May 15th! Wow - so early!!
2) "Gardeners Walkabouts" will be held on Wed May 10th 6:30 pm and Sunday May 14th at 2pm. These are intended as tours for new gardeners to share all the information about Grow Regina, help finding your plot, etc., but of course all are welcome.
3) It is wonderful to see garden plots being cleared and dug. Just a reminder that there is NO garbage pick up for the gardens. Please take your own garbage and compost home to deal with. Emterra green bins (for compostable waste) will be installed later in May / June. If you are interested in joining the Grow Regina compost committee, please contact Susanne at email@example.com - ONLY compost committee members may add to the N end compost bins. Please do NOT leave any garbage or garden wastes at any of the sheds - thank you!
4) Dandelions are here! Please remember that you are responsible to keep your paths as well as your gardens clean of weeds. From the edge of your plot, out to the middle of the path (unless you have no garden neighbour on the other side of your path -- then please do the whole width of the path.) Thanks for your help in keeping our paths lovely and clean. (More crusher dust for the paths will be coming later in the season.)
5) Anyone who feels like coming out to dig some dandelions from the common paths at the front of the garden, I'm going to start in the Accessible (raised beds) garden area (Queen Street edge of garden), at 3pm on Sunday May 14th just after the walkabout. See you there - bring your favorite weed digging tool! (Hey, we all celebrate Mother's Day in our own way :)
More emails to come -- Flower bed committee will be meeting, as well as the 10th Anniversary planning committee - stay tuned!
for Grow Regina
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/grow.regina